12.09.2011

I like your hair long.

I was going to write a rant about work...and mistakes...but, no, it's Friday...happy, fluffy posts!

I occasionally watch Why Am I Still Single? (VH1), because, I don't know, I was hoping it may give me insight (it hasn't) and because I sometimes like/enjoy dating shows. Anyway, the premise of this one, in case you haven't seen it (you probably haven't), is that a New York City matchmaker takes "hopeless" daters, tells them what they are doing wrong and rights all those wrongs (sort of) and then sets them up on a final date, to test their new knowledge. Part of righting the wrongs, particularly for the women daters, is a "mini" make over. This consists of (again mostly for the women daters) two Jersy-ian orangey blonde twin stylists attacking the dater with (hevy, heavy) make up and a curling iron (according to this show, short hair on a woman is just evil, so don't try it!). On last week's episode, while curling one of the dater's hair, they explained to her that the way you part your hair matters. Huh? Apparently (according to their research?), guys see women with hair parted towards the left as stable, parted towards the right as more easy going.

Say what now? Is this real? Does a guy say, 'gee, I really enjoyed going out with Kelly but, I don't know, her hair parts to the left and I'm really seeking someone more carefree'? Or perhaps, 'Megan was so fun to go out with, but I don't think I'd marry her because of her hair parting to the right, like some kind of wild child.' What about someone who does that zig zag part - where it goes both ways? Or a woman with hair so short, there is no part...I know, I know, women with that short of hair don't deserve to date...thanks, TV!

No comments: