2.20.2012

on a hillside desolate

I am not thrilled with my job, but I know it could be worse. I could be in a position where I can't listen to late 1970s punk/rock and/or work on my blog...but, still.

A round of congrats went around today and it praised someone who had nothing to do with it and resulted in a ton of back patting obnoxiousness. Was it good news? Eh, it was ok. We are slightly better but not quite at the top yet. But, so, praise for doing your job, doing it good, maybe even better, but not quite the best. Alright.

I question my work ethic lately - as it seems everyone else is milking the system, getting stuff paid for by work when it has nothing to do with their actual jobs, it seems that everyone else is creatively fixing their time when they are not really here. It's just frustrating, to try and do your job, to actually try and do it above and beyond, to stick with the rules (as much as possible) and get squat. Nothing. No praise. No rewards. And that sounds so whiny, so self-entitled, so 'where is my gold star sticker for doing what is expected of me?'

Bah. Donzo.

No comments: